Mayor and members of the Reno City Council Citizen/Ratepayer
Selected media and city staff
FROM: Andrew Barbano, Chair
RE: Cancellation of November meeting
The City of Reno's Citizens Cable Compliance Committee
monthly meeting scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 18, at
Reno City Hall, has been canceled due to the illness of one member,
time conflicts of others, and the fact that we remain a member
short. Any Reno resident wishing to serve may contact City Clerk
Lynnette Jones at
(775) 334-2030 for an application, or go to the city's
next meet on Tuesday, Dec. 16, at 6:30 p.m. in the council chambers
at Reno City Hall. It will be cablecast live on
SNCAT/Charter Cable Channel 13 in Reno-Sparks. The November
agenda will carry over to December with some potential additions
as indicated, below, and undoubtedly others by showtime.
apologies for any inconvenience this last-minute notice may cause.
signing up for our mailing
and stay in touch.
CITIZENS CABLE COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE (CCCC)
November 18, 2003
Reno City Hall
490 South Center Street, Council Chambers
Reno, Nevada 89501
announcement of this meeting is posted at Reno City Hall at 490
South Center Street, City of Reno Community Development Building
at 450 Sinclair Street, the Washoe County Library Downtown branch,
the City of Reno Public Works Department, 4th Floor and Paine-Webber
Building at 350 South Center Street.
ALL ITEMS ARE FOR CCCC ACTION UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED WITH AN ASTERISK
We are pleased to make reasonable accommodations for members of
the public who are disabled and wish to attend meetings. If you
should require special arrangements for the meeting, please contact
(775) 334-3112 at least 24 hours prior to meeting date.
NOTE: POTENTIAL CHANGES FOR DECEMBER HAVE BEEN INDICATED WITH
THE NOTATION [12/16])
1. * Roll Call
2. * Report from Council Liaison Council Member
3 * Public Comment Limited to no more than
(3) minutes. The public may comment by making a request to speak
to the CCCC Recording Secretary.
4. Approval of minutes of August 28th and October
23rd CCCC meetings.
5. Election of new Recording Secretary. [12/16
-- CHANGE TO "ELECTION OF OFFICERS"]
6. Report from Rick Vandenberg [12/16
- AND LARRY FARR] on Emergency Alert System (EAS). Submission
of FCC information on EAS from Steven Wright.
7. Discussion and action regarding elimination of
all subcommittees after advice from City Attorney of open meeting
law requirements and potential amendments to CCCC bylaws.
8. Report from Charter Communications regarding implementation
of high definition (HDTV) in Reno.
Report from Steven Wright on monitoring systems by other communities
to report outages.
10. Report from Steven Wright regarding cable-specific reports
generated as part of the city's new call center computer program.
11. Report from City of Reno on outreach to community regarding
where to file cable complaints. [12/16:
Discussion of promotion of RenoDirect citizen inquiry intake system,
per 10-23-2003 CCCC request; minutes at page 3.]
12. Discussion of a recommendation to the Reno City Council
that it order Charter Communications into compliance regarding
its required annual notice to cable ratepayers per Reno City Code
13. [12/16 Resolution
requesting that the Reno City Council direct its negotiators to
include in any new cable (CATV) franchise a requirement that qualified
cable service provider representatives attend all CCCC meetings.]
14. Report from Charter Communications regarding policies
for granting line extensions to new customers.
of agenda items for future meetings of the CCCC.